CB Insights Names The Technology Trends Set To Dominate 2019
They assigned each of the sixteen trends on their list to one of four categories:
- Necessary trends which are well-understood and have clearly articulated strategies and initiatives, currently seeking widespread acceptance across industries and consumer markets.
- Experimental trends that are still in early or purely conceptual stages, with few functional products on the market yet.
- Threatening trends that have already seen significant investment activity or early adoption, which may be on the verge of breaking through to wider markets.
- Transitory trends that haven’t yet staked out clear market opportunities, but may find them as they become better known and understood.
We’ve put together a quick rundown of top eight trending technologies across all four categories.
- Software-defined wide area networking
SD-WAN provides greater performance, bandwidth, and flexibility for networking. It’s expected that 5G networks will help facilitate this technology, which has big implications for IoT developers.
- Time series databases
Already in use in some industries, this “time-stamps” data in a way that allows changes to be tracked.
- Multi-cloud management
With many businesses utilizing multiple cloud services, managing data has gotten complicated. Multi-cloud management platforms offer centralized control of Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and other popular cloud services.
- Application-specific integrated circuits and application-specific standard products
Both of these terms refer to chips designed to serve a single...